Above is an article written by Joanna Douglas, courtesy of yahoo.com
Sure, a few pumps of foundation and the right type of mascara or brow gel can make it easier for a woman to feel uplifted, but having a nice bold lip color to go with that look can really grab peoples attention in the right kind of way. From my own personal experience, as well as expert surveys like Joanna Douglas from Yahoo Beauty, agree that red lips will not only make people look but also have them listening to what you have to say. Communications Major, Wanda Guerra likes to wear red lips on a daily basis because it helps her feel courageous, “I’m more confident when I’m wearing red lips than when I’m not wearing red lips”. Whether your skin tone is Porcelain, Fair, Bisque, Beige, Olive, or Almond, you too can rock this statement look. There is such thing as ‘the perfect shade of red’, so all you really need is a stay-on all-day pigment that will help keep more of your mind on your work and less focus on your mirror. As someone who hates touching up her makeup every five minutes, I have personally selected, and tested, my top 5 favorite shades of red lip colors that stay on and are long-wearing.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss adds a moisturizing formula to lips with a hydrating look.
- Strike the rest of your day with this Mac Lip liner in the shade ‘Brick’.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in the shade ‘Dragon Girl’ will stay on through your hot summer days.
- This liquid to matte lipstick by Limecrime in the shade ‘Wicked’ is vegan/cruelty-free and will give others an illusion of you having a brighter smile with it’s cool undertone.
- NYX Cosmetics Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in the shade ‘Hestia’ leaves your lips with a lusty wine stained look.
Did I miss any lip colors in my countdown that you’d like others to find out about? Leave your recommendations in the comment section below!